Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dear Mommy

Harper spent the past week and a half at her grandmother's (my mom, "Mimi," in Denver) and we enjoyed, for the first time ever, keeping in touch via email. Here's the summary:

We LOVE you MOMMY! We hope you are having a good time without me. What haveyou been doing lately? + I got a mereinet on Monday. And I went bowling yesterday and I go swimming today! Oh and me anda girl named Braelyn are going to teeny town together! And cookies tonight!
JUNE 24, 2008Your little Harper

Dear Little Harper,
I know you are having a wonderful time!! I sure miss you! While you are gone, I am doing boring stuff like errands, balancing my checkbook, and going to meetings at church. I hope you have a terrific day at Tiny Town! I will be in regular size town. I will see you soon! LOVE YOU!!!
Mommy Wommy Bo Bommy Banana Fana Fo Fommy Fee Fi Mo Mommy -- Mommy!

Harper Warper bo barper Banana fana fo farper Fe Fi Mo Marper. Harper!I hope you are having fun! LOVE YOU!!!
Harper June 25, 2008

Dear Little H,
Today I am going to get the car oil changed (boring!!), return some stuff to Home Depot and the tile store (boring!!), get the car washed (boring!!), and then go see two movies downtown (fun!!). Hope your day is wonderful. Be a good girl. Is this your day of beauty? I know you will be gorgeous! You can have Mimi send me a picture of your new hairdo, or you can surprise me at the airport next week! I will look exactly the same. See you then! Mommy

Dear Caryn,
Harper has had the royal treatment today: painted nails, lunch at Wendy's, hair cut, shopping at Macy's (2 outfits), dollar store (hair barrettes and coloring book). The End. My rest time now after heating leftovers fordinner. Love, Mom

So that was about it. I flew to Denver on Monday to retrieve her, and we got back earlier this evening. We were welcomed by Daddy, who provided pizza and a new Xbox for our homecoming. I think Mimi is exhausted.

3 comments:

Rick said...

As an added FYI - Kit Kittredge is the spitting image of your little Harper. Glad to see that she had fun in Denver, and was able to salve the Hobo crimes in Cincinnati.

Charlotte said...

"Regular size town" - that was a good one....

Todd R. Vick said...

I miss little Harper. Glad she gets to be so well-traveled.