Friday, July 11, 2008

Spring What?

Tonight after dinner, my husband bemoaned the fact that we had never gotten around to Spring Cleaning this year. This year? I asked. I have never once cleaned anything in honor of a season. What a quaint idea. What is spring cleaning anyway? I have these images of 50's June Cleaver housewives wearing peddle pushers, with bandanas over their hair, standing on stools and wiping areas where no human eye ever ventures to look on a normal day-to-day basis. Does anyone spring clean in this millennium? Comments welcome.

3 comments:

Rick said...

I think you should stop being an obstacle to your husband's inner Alice. Hand him the dustbuster, let him have at it. It will do him good.

Charlotte said...

I clean things when they become so filthy that I can no longer stand it, or if they begin putting off a smell. But this is not reserved for the spring time, by no means.

Todd R. Vick said...

What is the logic of spring cleaning? It suggests that one does not clean during the other seasons. I, for one, prefer winter cleaning.