Friday, September 19, 2008

Plenty Better to Do Indeed, II

I'm making good on my blog title tonight.

What I need to do: iron clothes (biannual), mend clothes (annual), vacuum (weekly, so I'm not too far behind on that one), trim roses (ought to be more than biannual, but oh well), trade out for autumn clothes (huge bins of seasonal storage totally blocking the upstairs hall - Jay to be quite annoyed when he gets home...)

What I am doing / have done: blogging (self-evident), "What Not to Wear," Wendy's drive-through, cleaned kitchen (hurrah!!! give me some points!), dragged out the ironing board and arranged clothes to-be-ironed on nearby chair, found a clear corner in the bedroom to stack all autumn clothes and summer clothes and recently laundered clothes so that I can get into the bed tonight and put off the real work till tomorrow. I believe I'll turn in now, with earplugs, so I can't hear my husband groan when he gets home: I don't even want to count the various stacks of clothes "neatly" distributed across my house.
Oh, confession is good for the soul.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Doing a bit of laundry here this morning. Feel free to send yours along.