Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Calling for Hero Blogs, Year Two

OK, blog pals, here goes again for '08: If you'd care to write something about heroes or heroism over the next few days, I'd appreciate it. I assigned my sophomores their first paper today, a personal essay with the same guidelines. They have freedom to interpret the topic in any direction and with any tone they choose. Some of them are stumped (as expected). This year, I established a class website and I want to link some examples for them to read. Care to mentor today's youth via an insightful or humorous response to my prompt?! Leave me a comment so I'll know to check out your post. THANKS!!! Come on, you know you want to jump back into high school for a few minutes! This time, you don't get a grade.

By the way, here's the class site, if you're interested: http:\\kirkclass.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

Rick said...

I think I'm turning mine in late - http://gottabuzz.typepad.com/coffee/2008/09/assignment-hero.html

Rick said...

Ok - try clicking here. Gotta love URLs.

Charlotte said...

Ok, I made a weak attempt. See my Heroes post on my blog. Hope it's what you were looking for.

I did link to your class site - I bet you are an AWESOME teacher. You class site made me miss English class....

Caryn Kirk said...

(blushing) Thanks! It's a great joy to teach stuff I love.

Steve said...

This is a cool assignment, Caryn. I met an interesting gentleman back in December. I talked with him for 2 hours and heard his incredible story. I walked away with the realization that he was just an ordinary man put into a remarkable situation.

http://c17daddy.blogspot.com/2007/12/real-hero.html

Hope this helps.