Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Dwindles

Lazy hazy days... passing, passing, passing! I'm feeling a little bittersweet about it. In a week and half, it's back to teacher in-service, and after Labor Day, back to school for the little one and me. It will be a busy year for me, as I kick off my pursuit of National Board certification. I do not care at this time to imagine the work load that will entail. Harper will be in second grade, tap dancing, playing soccer, and growing up some more. Wish that could slow down a bit. We've been enjoying our newly tiled back porch, kicking back for a little reading and eating on a regular basis. Ahhh... about six more weekdays of that left. Today, we discovered a new waterfront park that we've had access to ever since buying our house six years ago, but we'd just never made our way down there to seek it out. I wonder how many picnics we can pack in before ye olde school bell rings?

2 comments:

Steve said...

Where did the summer go? Not like the South there in the Great NW, is it? When Summer's gone, boy, she's gone!

Todd R. Vick said...

It's been YEARS since I have heard the expression, "Ye olde." It has always been one of my olde favorites.