Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Random Topics That Make Me Smile

Last night when I was tucking Harper in bed, she tells me that if she had to go to a desert island with only four things, she'd take Mommy, Daddy, Polly (the dog) and Lovey (the well-worn much-loved blanket with a teddy head attached). But if she were allowed five things, she'd also bring a backpack. And she'd stuff a pillow in it.

In a couple of weeks, I head to SC for Anne Marie's "40 is Fabulous 80's Prom." My look will be decidedly Suddenly Susanesque. Black lace coctail dress. Looking for fishnets. Satin pumps. Maybe a rad headband. Need some Final Net for my hair. Must transform middle age curly 'do for high-bangs 80's 'do.

Tried on the black prom dress last week. Fits in some areas and not in others. Harper's observation: "Mommy, you look good on top. And you just look a little fat on the bottom." Something I've been trying to come to terms with for years.

1 comment:

Todd R. Vick said...

Please take pictures of your prom. What a clever idea. For years I was blessed with the honesty of my own offspring:

"Dad..you have a big belly."

There's just more of me to love.