Thursday, September 6, 2007

A 9th and a 1st

Last night was our anniversary. My husband of nine years and I celebrated over dinner and gifts along with our daughter of six years. Today was also Harper's first day of first grade, and she was far more excited about our anniversary than going to school. She presented each of us with gifts: I received a handmade book about her favorite flavors of ice cream along with a drawing of "mommy and daddy sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g." Her father received a Chicken Jet.

James, true to tradition in every way, marked year nine with pottery. Thus, I received a large pasta bowl in our wedding registry pattern, plus matching smaller bowls and a promise of new glassware to come. I gave him a cloth hardback Wodehouse anthology. I cannot imagine being in love with a man who doesn't love Wodehouse. Nor can I imagine being married to anyone besides the dear old chap who inspired the Chicken Jet.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Happy anniversary - can't think of a more wonderful Pacific Northwest Couple to celebrate. And tell Harper that her rendering of the Chicken Jet was just as I remembered it from my last flight to Albequerque.

Todd R. Vick said...

Happy 9th and many more to come!

George said...

Happy anniversary you two! I loved the chicken jet picture so much I made it the wallpaper on my PC at work.